Friday 25 October 2013

October 25, 2013

Last Sunday I took the Chameleon out for it's final run of the season and this time I had it set up with two seats and drive units. No other mechanical changes were made. The boat performed quite well with two people and fortunately it was also choppier than I have seen previously. Got splashed a little but it handled better than expected and still had lots of reserve buoyancy. (the other rider also weighs 50-60 pounds less than I do...) The hulls certainly cut through waves easily and there seems to be little effect on boat speed. I never did manage to get a GPS out with me so the numbers next year will have to come from buoy to buoy measurements again just to compare.

I have a new lighter frame drawn up and most of the materials so it should be ready to test in early spring. I will post here when there is something to show.......

Also setting up a website so once I get it up and running I will place a link here.

Cheers,

Glen


No comments:

Post a Comment