Tuesday 11 September 2012

There has been a pause in the testing of the new cat because of a gearbox failure. I am happy to report that the box was returned Friday and the ratio has been changed from 1:2 to 1:1. This gearing is less desirable but should be much more robust. The diameter of the output shaft is only about 7 mm and I think that while this is may be fine for a lighter craft with less drag, it isn't enough for this application. They were great to deal with and I may buy another drive from them shortly.
In the mean time I added some graphics to the hulls and changed the mounting methods for the drive line tubes, built a couple cedar decks to cover both single user and double user configurations.
I am going to be away for a few weeks so nothing will happen on this front for a while. First results were very encouraging so I am looking forward to the evolution of this craft!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment